April 26, 2013
This position is responsible for asset recovery management related to bankruptcy and vehicle repossessions. The position requires contact with members, attorneys, and third party vendors. This position also administers the collection system as needed.
This non-exempt position is based out of our Northgate Headquarters and reports to the Lending Solutions Consumer Supervisor. This position offers a starting base range of $30,000-40,000 per year depending on experience, great benefits and the opportunity to earn quarterly bonuses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversight of the repossession process including ordering repossessions, maintaining repossession database, ordering skip claims, requesting refunds of financed insurances, coordinating sale of vehicles, etc.
- Responsible for the evaluation of legal actions pertaining to members including repossessions and bankruptcy.
- Reviews Bankruptcy petitions, maintains Bankruptcy spreadsheet and files all appropriate claims.
- Record recovery payments from collection agencies, CCCS, and Chapter 13 Trustees.
- Reviews and recommends new charge-offs or known losses.
- Assist with system administration of Akcelerant.
- Handles Member Solutions calls when they are unavailable.
- Assist with collection of past due non-real estate consumer loans, as needed.
- Makes sound collection decisions based on the Credit Union’s policies and regulations.
- Makes a concentrated effort to solve member problems.
- Sends correspondence to members and follows -up when necessary.
- Compiles reports as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience with bankruptcy strongly desired
- Experience with vehicle repossessions and collections desired
- Credit Union experience strongly desired
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact required
- Post secondary course work in communications, lending, financial counseling or equivalent desired.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use an array of workplace technologies.
- Ability to use a 10 key.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts.
- Knowledge of laws pertaining to credit, bankruptcies, federal and state collections laws.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/about-us/career-opportunities.html)
Verity Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.