IT Business Applications Engineer 2
April 22, 2013
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for an IT Business Applications Engineer 2 in the Eugene area. The IT Business Applications Engineer 2 role is a technical position. The position is responsible for the configuration and customization of business applications. This position works closely with stakeholders, IT Management, and IT Business Analysts to understand and forecast business needs and then implement technologies that will meet those needs. They work closely with IT Architecture and IT Security Analysts to ensure their designs adhere to all architecture and security standards. Additionally, they work closely with IT Quality Assurance Engineers to ensure all system changes are fully tested prior to release.
All IT Engineering Team members are responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of OCCU’s application and infrastructure portfolio. Team members support the technology needs of corporate projects and business platform work requests. The position responds to production incidents, restoring IT services quickly to reduce impact to customers. Position supports the fulfillment of service requests defined in the IT Service Catalog. Members provide level-two support to employees with technology issues that could not be resolved by the Helpdesk. Team members provide evening and weekend on call support.
Pay: $51,900 – $77,800 annually, commensurate with experience
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on business critical systems.
- Contribute to the development of the Credit Union’s technology strategy.
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support on technical issues.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Build and maintain standards for application development and ensure that builds and updates to applications adhere to those standards.
- Support development of new applications and customizations and configuration changes to existing business applications to support business needs. This includes, but is not limited to, accurately estimating development times necessary to fulfill project task obligations, identifying and tracking key development performance metrics, producing designs based on business requirements and the inputs of architecture and security, ensuring new builds pass quality assurance and user acceptance testing, and ensuring successful transition to Operations for all new system development.
- Support project and business platform work requests.
- Respond to production incidents.
- Deliver Service Requests defined in the Service Catalog.
- Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with peers in other business units.
- Deliver quality work within specified timelines.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
- Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
- Four or more years of experience in working with computer systems in a technical capacity.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies
- Experience deploying systems, software, and configuration changes.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment including strong change control and configuration management practices.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, automation tools, and performance tuning.
- Experience evaluating vendors and systems against a set of requirements.
- Experience designing solutions with high availability and real time monitoring.
Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-business-applications-engineer-2.
Posted in Article Post.