Vice President of Retail Sales
April 15, 2013
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union is a growing credit union with an excellent opportunity for an experienced Vice President of Retail Sales.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a professional with a strong financial, member service, and sales background. This individual will lead the sales growth in SMCU’s progressive and innovative organization. As a member of the Management Team, this dynamic individual will be results oriented and will have experience leading a retail operations group and retail branch network. There is room for growth in this successful organization as well as a variety of activities and projects involved in this busy position. Must be able to motivate and supervise staff. Must be a self-starter, take initiative, and have an outgoing, sales, and customer service driven personality. We offer an excellent compensation package, along with an extensive benefits package.
Please be prepared to submit work samples that you think are relevant to the position based on the responsibilities defined in the job description. The samples you chose to submit are open to your judgment and will be required if you are asked to move forward in the process to the panel interview.
ROLE AT SMCU
The Vice President of Retail Sales (VPRS) is a senior level position responsible for the leadership and performance of the credit union’s retail and business development functions to fulfill strategic objectives and meet budgetary goals. This will require working cross-functionally throughout the organization to execute programs that improve the credit union’s service and sales culture, build product innovations and seek out opportunities for new revenue streams, while ensuring proper compliance, profitability and loss prevention.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Management of all retail locations and staff. Specifically, the management of the credit union sales function and Branch Managers roles with regard to all aspects of branch accountabilities, standards and routines.
- Revenue generation and Select Employer Group (SEG) growth at the credit union. This includes the planning, development and execution of the credit union’s market development program, to support acquiring and proactively maintaining SEGs and community partner relationships.
- The development of plans, tracking systems, innovations and incentive plans that support the execution of the credit union’s strategic initiatives in all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement relevant corporate sales plans and revenue programs, which include operational tactics, measurements and incentives to meet revenue goals and profitability objectives.
- Lead Retail Sales and Business Development Teams in the execution of corporate and retail market sales plans to reach and exceed targeted production and financial goals.
- Achieve consistently superior member satisfaction by leading retail sales and service programs which ensure the needs of the member are met in a timely manner and in accordance with the credit union’s 7 Principles.
- Analyze, update and evaluate effectiveness of operational policies and procedures, while working cross functionally to improve efficiencies.
- Deliver accurate reports of Retail Sales and Business Development channel productivity provide to support the credit union’s budgeting, benchmarking and financial reporting processes.
- Develop strong relationships with key community constituents in order to build/maintain the credibility of the credit union and promote new revenue streams.
- Assure the development and maintenance of the retail operations portion of the disaster recovery (business continuity) plan and participate in updates to the plan sufficient to assure achievement of our mission in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist with the analysis, planning and staffing for newly opened or relocated facilities. Manage branch leases presenting them for review in a timely manner.
- Assure that retail operations are in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations, and they are applied consistently in all facilities and departments of responsibility. This includes annual review of all policies and procedures with revisions and proper communication as needed.
- Supervise, direct and review Retail Sales and Business Development staff. To include the assurance that adequate technical sales training and coaching is provided in order to carry out their responsibilities and meet their goals
- Keep abreast of changes in the industry and changing trends in retail delivery and respond to changes in a way that maintains competitiveness.
- Provide the resources needed and remove the obstacles necessary to allow for retail sales and SEG development success.
- Provide oversight of the relationship with 3rd party sales vendors in accordance with the credit union’s vendor management policies for all areas of responsibility.
Other duties may be assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field with ten years of increasing experience in financial services or a related industry that includes direct management of sales and business/product development.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in using and learning sales tracking and reporting software. You will have the skills, knowledge, and ability to build relationships and manage teams that lead to new revenue generation and meet production goals.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- May be required to work Saturday hours.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies such as coin or additional currency order, boxes of copy paper, transaction receipts, computer paper, and checks up to 50 lbs.
- Some traveling may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.