Branch Member Service Representative
April 15, 2013
To effectively meet members needs by performing teller duties in a friendly, prompt, efficient and accurate manner.
- Handles monetary transactions for members (deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, miscellaneous receipts, check cashing, sale of travelers cheques, counting coin and redemption of savings bonds).
- Cross sells credit union services by recognizing members needs and referring them to the appropriate department, when necessary.
- Provides routine information on credit union services, policies, membership eligibility, type of credit union accounts, current rates on loans, savings or CD’s, office locations, hours and phone numbers.
- Answers routine member inquiries regarding account balances, status or history. Gives Blue Book values upon request.
- Maintains cash drawer at a predetermined level and requests additional cash as needed. Maintains proper security of cash drawer, of all negotiable instruments and of computer input.
- Opens new accounts, IRA’s, CD’s, Lenny Club accounts and Christmas Club accounts. Processes all documents necessary for the various accounts. Closes these services upon request.
- Balances and loads ATM machine per schedule, where applicable. Completes necessary documentation for Accounting department.
- Records and posts night drop deposits and mail transactions observing required security procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Successful completion of high school math and grammar courses in order to balance daily work and communicate effectively with members. Successful completion of high school or college accounting courses preferred.
- A minimum of six months experience as a teller at a credit union or other financial institution or one year cash handling experience at a retail establishment.
- Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling cash, balancing a cash drawer and entering member transactions into the computer.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union professionally and positively to members and to interact daily with staff and management.
- Requires thorough knowledge of credit union products to cross sell effectively to members.
- Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with the membership and staff.
- Must present a professional appearance as has direct contact with the membership.
- Must be proficient on 10 key calculator and basic computer skills.
(Physical, mental and environmental demands)
- Required to stand/sit for extended periods at the counter.
- Regular work day with occasional overtime.
- Finger manipulations required for data entry into computer, typing correspondence and operating 10 key calculator.
- Occasional sitting or walking to provide member services.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. (coin bags).
- Noise level moderate to high in immediate area.
- Normal range of hearing necessary to communicate by telephone and in person with staff and members.
- Concentration required to process transactions accurately in a fast paced environment with multiple short term deadlines.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions (robbery).
Interested applicants should send resumes to email@example.com
Note: Position descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Posted in Article Post.