Mortgage Lending Manager
April 8, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union currently has an opening for a Mortgage Lending Manager. Responsible for the overall management and asset quality of the credit union’s mortgage loan portfolio. In addition, this person will assist the Assistant Vice President of Credit Services in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling mortgage lending to ensure proper quality and quantity of lending, member satisfaction, and professionalism.
- Ensure the highest standards for member satisfaction through the timely resolution of member service issues, complaints and problems.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of mortgage loan products, underwriting and financial analysis techniques, loan servicing, automated lending delivery systems, investor/secondary market requirements and escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage lending transactions in order to make professional and effective decisions that support the overall vision for the Credit Union.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of mortgage lending rates, policies, and procedures, as well, as credit scoring, credit bureaus, risk scores, and monitoring systems.
- Evaluate individual performance, hire staff, and provide training and development as appropriate. In consultation with the Assistant Vice President of Credit Services and Vice President Human Resources promote, transfer, dismiss or change the status of employees.
- Recommend, as needed, any changes to loan policy and/or underwriting guidelines to continually ensure the quality and effectiveness of overall lending activities to include discontinuation of certain member products and services or the addition of new products and services, based on member needs. Coordinate, test, implement and maintain new programs/procedures and system changes.
- In coordination with Planning and Business Development, oversee the business development and marketing of mortgage loans. Educate members, realtors, builders, community groups, and Credit Union staff on available mortgage programs and the benefits of home ownership.
- Ensure that written procedures exist for all functions within area of responsibility, including branch procedures relating to mortgage loans, and ensure compliance with the various federal and state regulations associated with the Credit Union’s lending program.
- Interact with Internal Audit staff to control loan action and policy and automate processes to streamline or eliminate labor-intensive tasks.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders
- Identify, investigate, and respond to requests for information from branches and staff regarding loan action and policy
- BA or BS in Business or other related major, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in mortgage lending and minimum 2-years supervisory or management experience.
- Operations experience within a financial services institution is strongly preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure personnel and member-related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of all aspects of mortgage lending in order to provide expertise, offer guidance, establish policy, and maintain oversight of the organization’s lending systems, professional management and staff, and programs.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with management, staff, and the membership.
- Effective in working with consultants, vendors, and outside agencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Thorough understanding and high-level knowledge of the federal and state regulations and compliance requirements associated with lending and collections activity.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Suite).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Unitus offers a competitive pay rate and benefits package. For immediate consideration, apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Posted in Article Post.