Downtown Building Receptionist
April 8, 2013
If you’re interested in working for an organization that prides itself on offering “green” products to its members, then you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU team!
Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU we understand that it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves. At SMCU we pride ourselves in our internal growth opportunities. In the future people will say to you “You started at SMCU as a Branch Representative and you are now a (insert your career goals/dreams here)!”
The Downtown Building Receptionist is responsible for welcoming and WOWING the member when they enter the Downtown Branch. You will be responsible for building relationships, and referring the member to the correct person or department as needed.
TEMPORARY, Part-time – no benefits – Hours: 11:00am – 3:00pm, Monday through Friday
Essential Job Functions
- Greeting member in a friendly manner as they enter the credit union
- Answering incoming calls
Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer service, guest oriented environment (preferably in a credit union or a bank).
- Microsoft office experience
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and work effectively in a diverse environment
- Reliability and flexibility with your schedule – 11 am to 3:00pm, Monday through Friday
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain very satisfactory attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted in Around the NW.