April 3, 2013
Position Reports To: Senior Teller or Assistant Head Teller
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other Tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of Teller functions.
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Receives share deposits in person or by mail.
- Receives loan payments in person or by mail.
- Processes cash advances, travelers’ checks, cashiers’ checks, money orders and similar transactions.
- Disburses cash or check share withdrawals in person, by telephone, or by mail.
- Processes transfers.
- Opens and closes computer terminal accounts daily. Processes assigned cash and transactions and balances at end of day.
- Receives and processes payroll deduction starts, stops and increases.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintain effective, professions business relations with members.
- Ensures that members’ requests and questions are promptly resolved.
- Operates on-line teller terminal. Provides in person, by telephone, or by mail, such information as members may authorize concerning their account status.
- Receives and processes new member accounts and changes to existing accounts.
- Ensures that all members are informed of Credit Union services and policies including related services and information.
- Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality reputation is maintained and projected.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Performs drive-up teller and night drop functions as assigned.
- Cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Ensures that work area is clean, well maintained, and secure.
- Performs related clerical duties as required.
- Teller function are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
- Good business relations exist with members. Members’ problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Tellers and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete , and timely.
- The Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent. One year to two years of related experience and/or training which includes knowledge of basic accounting, bookkeeping principles and cash handling. Use of standard office equipment.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union Operations.
Experience Required: Abilities generally acquired on the job in 6-12 months.
Skills/Abilities: Good communication skills. Professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Good math skills. Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone. Good typing skills.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met/encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle or feel… The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The work environment is an office setting with moderate noise levels.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Reasoning Ability; Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Mathematics Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages and commissions. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Language Ability Ability to read, analyze and interpret general policy/procedures, documents, bank statements and spreadsheets. Ability to use tact and diplomacy in handling confidential information dealing with credit union operations. Ability to speak effectively before credit union members and employees.
If you are interested in applying and being part of our team, please send your resume to: TAPCO Credit Union ATTN: AVP Branch Services
PO Box 64369 Tacoma, WA. 98464