Senior Accounting Representative
April 1, 2013
IBEW & United Workers Federal Credit Union in Portland OR has the following position open: Senior Accounting Representative.
Coordinate work activities in department, planning, scheduling, conducts training for co-workers, participates in employee evaluation/review, suggests procedure development and modifications. Performs various accounting functions including payroll processing, share draft and ATM/VISA processing, ACH, accounting reconciliation, daily general ledger balancing and other duties as assigned.
- Under the general supervision of Credit Union management, performs a wide variety of complex duties related to the over-seeing of all accounting operation activities.
- Responsible for coordinating staff training within the Accounting Department to ensure adequate understanding of
- Credit Union policies and procedures. Conducts staff meetings to disseminate pertinent information and discuss procedural issues.
- Assists the President/CEO with financial and month-end posting.
- Takes part in the development and realization of organizational goals and objectives in accordance with established deadlines.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of an accounting representative.
- Recognize organizational and department needs and requirements.
- Ability to effectively defuse member complaints and offer resolutions consistent with Credit Union philosophy.
- Exceptional flexibility, the ability to change direction or tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Ability to set work priorities and make effective decisions.
- Ability to effectively delegate and communicate a project’s impact on Credit Union goals and objectives.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of GAAP and NCUA accounting requirements.
- Possess a general knowledge of general laws and regulations that apply to all pertinent functions.
At minimum an Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance, Bachelor Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressively increasing experience in the accounting service area of a financial institution, preferably a Credit Union.
- Chosen individual will receive an excellent salary and benefits package.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Posted in Article Post.