Member Service Officer—Loan Officer
March 29, 2013
Generations Credit Union, located in beautiful Olympia WA, is seeking an experienced Member Services Officer to join their lending team!
Duties of this position will encompass the entire lending process from initial application to closing loans. Process includes: evaluating member applications, collecting credit scores, reviewing collateral requirements to secure the loan and creating all documents related to the loan.
The MSO will approve/decline the credit decision within approved lending guidelines. Decision recommendations on loans outside of approved lending guidelines, the final approval will be made by the management team. The MSO will have sufficient computer skills to close, fund, and book the loan within accounting guidelines to appropriate GL entries.
The ideal candidate must have good communication and people skills. The ability to stay on task, handle multiple assignments, and positively interact with other staff is important to the position. In addition to lending, the MSO is responsible for a broad range of member service functions to include opening new accounts, assisting members with account issues / or questions, as well as the ability to identify and recommend CU products that meet members’ needs.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years underwriting consumer loans;
- Additional knowledge in mortgage or business lending is beneficial;
- Knowledge of federal and state lending regulations, as well as credit and underwriting evaluation;
- Intermediate to Expert level skill in using Microsoft Office Suite;
- NMLS License (must be able to obtain upon hire);
- Notary License – (must be able to obtain within 60 days of employment);
- Credit Life & Disability License – (must be able to obtain within 60 days of employment);
- Must be bondable;
- High school diploma/equivalent, some college courses helpful;
- Professional appearance and conduct;
- Credit union experience is a plus.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM Schedule flexibility necessary to meet CU needs.
Salary is dependent on qualifications.
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. It is in your best interest to apply soon!
Apply at www.theparagongroup.com
We reserve the right to revise or change this job description as our need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Pre-employment screening for final candidates to include:
- NMLS registration
- Credit check and reference results should demonstrate financial responsibility.
- Drug test, fingerprint and criminal history background check.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug free workplace.
Posted in Article Post.