Commercial Credit Analyst
March 29, 2013
North Coast Credit Union is seeking a Commercial Credit Analyst to join the team at our office in Bellingham, WA. This position is responsible for underwriting credits by providing financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis, collateral evaluation and business economic analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Clearly identifies loan purpose, source of repayment and collateral value.
- Prepares detailed commercial lending analysis for all types of commercial loans. (Owner and non-owner commercial real estate, multi-family, acquisition, development, construction, business term loans and lines of credit).
- Interacts independently to handle most customer inquiries including issues of compliance, resolutions, and financial statements. May require guidance on more complex issues.
- Prepares Loan Authorization worksheet as required for loan servicing purposes.
- Reviews and understand loan policy and procedures and operates within credit union guidelines.
- Prepares spreadsheets and written analysis of financial statements, tax returns, and valuation reports to accurately portray problems, trends, and changes in financial statements, cash flow, and ratios.
- Provide loan processing and file documentation such as title policy, appraisal, flood, credit report, etc.
- Assembles loan packages and related information for presentations at loan review meetings.
- Complies with governing regulations by maintaining current knowledge of commercial law, financial regulations and policies to ensure conformity with required laws and terms.
- Prepares and updates special reports and assists with special projects as assigned by management.
- Accompanies Loan Officer on some business calls.
- Monitor portfolio, perform annual updates and risk rating updates for designated MBLs and professional loans.
- Monitor and prepare analysis for commercial loan covenants and real estate term loans.
Education and Skills
- Finance or accounting degree with a minimum of 2 years financial analysis experience or combination of experience and completion of a credit analyst training program.
- Working knowledge of commercial underwriting methods and proficiency with financial statement analysis software.
- Strong communication, computer and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. EOE.
Qualified applicants are invited to mail, fax or email their resume to:
North Coast Credit Union
1100 Dupont Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Fax: Human Resources at 360-685-671-8235
Posted in Article Post.