Mortgage Business Development Officer
March 28, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union has an immediate opening for a Mortgage Business Development Officer.
The successful candidate will develop a sales plan that supports the Credit Union’s annual goals and objectives for community development and real estate loan growth. Develop and implement an ongoing communication program with realtors, designated state and federal agencies, and industry-related non-profit and trade organizations. Proactively contact external constituents utilizing outbound phone calls, emails, and onsite visits, along with seminars, to increase interest and usage of the Credit Union’s lending programs. Maintain regular and timely communication of changes, promotions, and program information. Recommend new products and/or improvements to existing products based on feedback. Maintain procedural expertise and working knowledge of all real estate-related loan products and services. Work with Marketing to develop professional and effective marketing materials. Facilitate member education sessions for first time buyers and members looking to refinance or purchase a new home. Provide ongoing product support and training to branch and contact center personnel/
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in sales or business management may substitute for the degree.
- Experience in real estate lending, real estate sales experience or industry knowledge.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information regarding the Credit Union’s loan programs, with enthusiasm and persistency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated through strong composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading abilities. Must be able to effectively communicate and discuss complex ideas and demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with employees, members and external publics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Credit Union’s products and services, along with all federal and state laws, regulations, rules, policies and bylaws that govern or influence mortgage lending.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks, handle multiple tasks accurately and completely, while meeting conflicting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, with reliable transportation available for use in accomplishing job requirements.
- Familiarity with the major cities located within the Unitus service area.
- Bi-lingual skills (Spanish or other secondary language) a plus.
Unitus offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration, apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Posted in Advocacy News.