Residential Mortgage Underwriter
March 27, 2013
Our Residential Mortgage Underwriter is primarily focused on making underwriting decisions on first mortgage loans, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and portfolio. This position analyzes loan applications and makes sound underwriting decisions and counter-offers as appropriate. You will also provide service and support to our branch personnel in originating loans, communicating decisions, and acting as a resource regarding loan policies, procedures, and rate calculations.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Analyzing loan applications utilizing a sophisticated scoring model to assess risk.
- Completing appraisal reviews, including loan-to-value ratio, and performing review of credit reports, tax returns, and analyzing income.
- Approving residential mortgage and consumer loans, and exceptions to policy within designated loan approval authority.
- Reviewing loan documentation to ensure compliance with standards established by federal, state, and government guidelines, as well as the policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Performing post-closing quality control analysis to ensure process and documentation are complete.
- 3+ years experience evaluating and making underwriting decisions on residential mortgage, home equity, portfolio, and consumer loan applications.
- Working knowledge of DU/LP required.
- Experience with FHA underwriting is strongly desired.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Credit union experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of underwriting criteria for all loans types.
- Must possess excellent math skills and have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, fractions, etc.; along with a basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and mortgage loan software applications.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work in a deadline-drive environment.
- Pay Rate: $20-25/hr, DOE
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 49,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online today at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=197
Posted in Article Post.