Consumer Loan Underwriter
March 27, 2013
The Consumer Loan Underwriter is responsible for making underwriting decisions on indirect, consumer, and home equity loans that are not approved by our automated lending software. You will analyze loan applications and make sound underwriting decisions and counter-offers as appropriate. You’ll add value to our team by providing excellent service and support to branch personnel in originating consumer loans, communicating decisions, and acting as a resource regarding loan policies, procedures, and rate calculations. Your knowledge of best practices in consumer lending will help us better meet our members’ needs!
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Analyzing consumer loan applications utilizing a sophisticated scoring model to assess risk.
- Approving loans within designated loan approval authority level.
- Maintaining an expert product knowledge level and acting as a resource for branch personnel regarding loan policies, procedures, and rate calculations.
- Verifying that all applications and documents have been completed thoroughly, accurately, and signed appropriately.
- 1+ years experience evaluating or originating consumer loan applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in related field desired.
- Credit union experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of underwriting criteria for all loans types.
- Must possess excellent math skills and have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, fractions, etc.; along with a basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work in a deadline-drive environment.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 49,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online today at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=196
Posted in Around the NW.