March 19, 2013
The Training Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering training and performance improvement solutions for the Credit Union. You will manage and deliver training sessions to employees and members by creating and delivering live classes and webinars. You’ll help our team increase learning opportunities by expanding our e-learning solutions. By working with team s from operations, retail sales, and IT you’ll ensure that our trainings are current and provide our internal customers with the knowledge that they need to succeed at Advantis. Your knowledge of best practices and trends in managing the customer experience, consultative selling, and organizational culture will help us meet our business objectives.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinating with subject matter experts to develop and maintain training materials for employee trainings.
- Continually evaluating, updating, and improving upon training materials and programs.
- Conducting assessments to document employee progress and skill mastery.
- Assisting in developing materials for and presenting at member education events.
- Maintaining awareness of emerging education delivery processes and incorporating these methodologies where appropriate and effective.
- 3+ years experience in training and curriculum development required.
- Bachelor’s degree in instruction design, instruction technology, communication, education, or closely related field is required.
- Credit union experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop quality relationships, building the credibility required to influence change.
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Ability to learn and quickly become familiar with processes across departments and disciplines to proactively provide suitable training support across the organization.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 49,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=191
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Around the NW.