Outside Sales Home Loan Officer
March 12, 2013
The Outside Sales Home Loan Officer will be responsible for originating first mortgage loan applications from self-generated leads, sources, and referrals. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with real estate agents, builders and developers, and title and escrow officers, and for performing business development activities to increase mortgage production volumes. In addition, the Outside Sales Home Loan Officer will interview mortgage loan applicants and recommend loan products based on the members’ financial needs, and will be responsible for analyzing the members’ financial position, credit profile, and property type to ascertain the feasibility of granting the loan. All loan applications must contain complete and accurate information and conform to state and federal regulations and company policies. This position requires proven loan production and the ability to work in a production-oriented environment while consistently meeting loan closing deadlines. Registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator through the National Mortgage Licensing System is required for this positio
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for interviewing mortgage loan applicants and requesting specific information required for complete analysis of the loan. Be knowledgeable of all Red Canoe Home Loan products, rates, and programs and provide accurate information to loan applicants. Negotiate terms and conditions of the loan and enter the application in Red Canoe’s online platform.
- Prepare loan packages by making a recommendation for approval or denial, compile income and debt figures, credit reports, establish debt ratio, and verify employment. Fully comply with all Fannie Mae DU findings to ensure the file satisfies all preliminary conditions set by underwriting.
- Act as the primary contact for members, realtors, title and escrow officers, and other Red Canoe employees to facilitate a timely and efficient loan funding. Consistently manage a personal loan pipeline to ensure member quality service standards are met.
- Delivery loan originations that exceed Red Canoe’s minimum standards, and work in accordance with departmental sales and service policies and goals.
- Stay abreast of local real estate market trends and developments as well as changing rules and regulations related to conforming and government-insured loans.
OTHER BASIC DUTIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of real estate and finance through appropriate experience or certified course work.
- Follow and be knowledgeable of home loan department and services, loan officer guidelines, and credit union policies and procedure approved by the Board of Directors.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of loan program requirements and investor requirements.
- Update the Loan Officer Workbench as completely and accurately as possible prior to submitting a loan for underwriting.
- Knowledgeable of and consistently observant of loan officer guidelines, policies and procedures.
- After completing the initial 90 days of employment, Red Canoe expects this position to regularly originate a minimum of $500,000 in funded loans per month.
- Experience in analyzing client income, including tax returns.
- Strong negotiating, analytical and mathematical abilities.
- Must be bondable
- Demonstrate exceptional self-motivational skills ability to work in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) as a condition of obtaining and/or maintaining position as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
- Possess a high level of interpersonal and sales skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound lending decisions.
- Possess a professional demeanor and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years mortgage lending or mortgage sales are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of $6 million annual production volume.
- Demonstrated computer/PC & keyboarding skills; plus, calculator and other office machines proficiency
- Ability to read English by sight; and, both speak and write English.
- Ability to hear by telephone and in person
Red Canoe provides a comprehensive employee benefits and retirement plan, an award winning work environment and is an EEO/AAP employer. Send resume and salary history to email@example.com and apply online at www.redcanoecu.com.
Posted in Article Post.