Special Services Coordinator (Bankruptcy)
March 7, 2013
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for an Special Services Coordinator (Bankruptcy) in the Eugene area. The Special Services Coordinator (Bankruptcy) helps to preserve the Credit Union’s assets by monitoring loan accounts that are uninsured, under insured or at risk to cause future loss. They process incoming garnishments and levies. This coordinator assists the Bankruptcy Specialist by analyzing bankruptcy files of members and representing the Credit Union in bankruptcy court and negotiations. They also assign accounts to attorneys for litigation and follows up on legal work and attends court hearings.
Pay: $14.40 – $21.60 per hour
- Monitor real estae, home equity and auto loan portfolios to insure that they are adequately covered with appropriate insurance.
- Process CPI premiums and refunds, monitor billing statements, make payment changes, and match flood reports.
- Act as a liaison with 3rd party vendors to enforce insurance policy standards.
- Make outbound calls to members advising them of being either under insured or uninsured.
- Handle garnishments and levies. Garnish and levy member accounts as necessary.
- Serve as a backup on bankruptcy, litigation and asset recovery functions as needed.
- Maintain records of accounts in the process of bankruptcy. Meet with attorneys and other professionals as necessary to prepare documents for bankruptcy hearings.
- Attend bankruptcy hearings as representation of the Credit Union. Present account data accurately and negotiate favorable results.
- Prepare and assign accounts that require legal action to attorneys. Attend court hearings.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- One to two years of a similar or related background.
- Equivalent to a high school education.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/special-services-coordinator-bankruptcy.