March 1, 2013
Title: Marketing Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Experience Officer
Supervises: Marketing Department Staff
Position Primary Purpose: Directs overall marketing and communications program. Provides oversight, direction, thought leadership and best practices for marketing staff and all Northwest Community marketing outreach endeavors.
Develops short-and-long range marketing objectives, plans strategies for attainment, and develops performance standards for measuring progress. Coaches staff and management to maximize marketing strategies and growth. Assesses performance of staff members using designated metrics.
- Translates Northwest Community’s business objectives into marketing strategies that drive revenue.
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan and related short and long term goals, which contribute to overall credit union objectives.
- Develops programs and oversees implementation in order to carry out the objectives of the marketing plan.
- Translate business objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate business growth.
- Develops and coordinates advertising and public relations programs. Participates in community affairs to enhance the image of the credit union.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other department and organizational leaders and maintains operational alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Oversees corporate communication activities, and marketing department.
- Oversees work activities and related outputs of assigned staff. Hires, promotes and discharges assigned staff members.
- Conducts timely performance reviews to ensure clear communications on related expectations. Ensures staff is properly trained in all phases of their job.
- Communicates with other management staff to ensure availability of marketing information in such a manner that all employees possess a broad understanding of how their job functions impact the marketing strategies of the credit union.
- Tactical planning and execution of marketing campaigns and public relations.
- Communicates member suggestions, complaints and comments to the President/CEO and appropriate members of management. Recommends related changes to improve the credit union’s revenue position and qualify of services offered.
- Conducts marketing research, both internally and externally, as it relates to marketing functions (e.g. products, services, operating policies, demographic trends, statistical data). Proactively identifies trends and recommends changes which meet the evolving needs of the membership.
- Directs promotions and publications of promotional materials, including participation from advertising agencies, designers and printers.
- Develops, formulates and secures the approval of the annual marketing budget. Ensures that related expenses are within budget allocations. Prepares reports identifying deviations from the marketing budget.
- Oversees the coordination of the annual meeting of the membership, and other informational seminars and meetings that relay benefits of products and services to various segments of the membership.
- Provides brand and marketing leadership training to Retail Branch staff and Managers.
- Works in conjunction with Regional Manager and Sales and Service Manager in the development and accomplishment of long, short and intermediate term objectives that support growth.
- Works in conjunction with Regional and Sales and Service Managers in the development and accomplishment of short and intermediate term objectives for branches.
- Works in conjunction with Regional and Sales and Service Managers to coach and develop leadership effectiveness of Branch Managers.
- Participates with Marketing staff and Regional and Sales and Service Managers in the establishment of effective sales and marketing programs for the individual market areas.
- Researches and reviews competition, new and existing products, services and programs as assigned.
- Maintains a wide variety of contacts within and without the credit union, coordinating marketing activities, promoting services, exchanging information and representing the credit union at civic and trade functions, professional organizations nand state and local meetings. Attends conferences and seminars to increase effectiveness within position.
- Continually reviews journals, articles, publications and other materials on regulatory and legal changes pertaining to the marketing functions in order to keep abreast of new development and to ensure that departmental policies and procedures comply with all applicable regulations.
- Consistently read and respond to all correspondence, including emails.
- Successfully complete required compliance training annually.
- Participates in ongoing personal and professional development
- Perform additional duties as assigned and work in other departments and branches as required.
Previous Experience: A minimum of six years of progressively more responsible management experience in a Financial organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or advertising. Equivalent work experience in the field of
marketing or advertising may be substituted for the degree.
- Ability to analyze market conditions and marketing data.
- Ability to lead, supervise, train, coach and motivate assigned staff members, and to maintain an efficient schedule of work flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge in various media channels.
- Ability to design, interpret, and implement new marketing programs and changes in existing programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff and the general public.
- Ability to speak with confidence in public meetings and presentations.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of authority.
- Experience with new media and internet advertising.
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with management, staff and the public.
- Ability to organize projects and to prioritize workflow and to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- In depth knowledge of the credit union’s policies and procedures, functions and products.
- Ability to relate senior management strategies, goals and objectives to budgets and marketing operations to ensure profitability and growth.
- Demonstrated skills in evaluating detailed reports, noting trends and making recommendations to management.
- In depth knowledge of the tenants of marketing, brand management and credit union products and services.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage company relationships.
- Strong project management, problem solving skills.
- Ability to think quickly, logically, strategically and creatively; to consider and evaluate all pertinent actions, to reach appropriate decisions and accept accountability for those decisions.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of creativity and a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities with demanding timeframes.
Frequently sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time when performing duties. Frequently lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds. Occasionally bending and/or reaching for supplies on ground level. Frequent repetitive use of hands such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists, and finger dexterity to perform various clerical duties such as typing, writing, and maintaining files. Continuous speaking and hearing for interactions with peers, staff and community individuals. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less for normal processing of work. Continuous supervision and instructing of others.
Continuous alertness and frequent precision to ensure accuracy of work. Frequent performance of numeric calculations from basic to complex, as well as writing, reading, comparing, and analyzing. Continuous use of judgment, reasoning, and patience in executing multiple projects concurrently. Continuous initiative in performing duties with little or no direct supervision. Continuous problem solving.
Length of workday is unpredictable. May have to work long hours. Occasionally must work overtime and irregular hours such as evenings and weekends. Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition, i.e., robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk. Frequent travel is required.
Posted in Community Impact.