Director of Marketing
March 1, 2013
Are you an experienced marketing professional with proven success in implementing marketing strategies, looking for growth, challenge and a great working environment? Woodstone Credit Union is a community-chartered credit union that is committed to partnering with the communities we serve while providing excellent products and service to our members. We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Marketing to make a meaningful impact!
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages the development, implementation, and performance of marketing programs in accordance with organizational objectives. Conducts research and analysis of market data related to economic conditions, market-penetration, and marketing strategies.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides for effective planning, developing, and implementing of marketing and public relations programs that meet organizational objectives.
- Provide for growth of the credit union by developing, preparing and implementing the annual marketing plan.
- Researches market trends, economic conditions, and credit union member profiles to ensure the annual marketing plan effectively supports the credit union’s objectives.
- Direct primary qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to identify member’s needs, attitudes and product utilizations opportunities. This includes product statistics, consumer behavior analysis, demographic (MCIF) analysis, attitudinal analysis, market segmentation analysis, focus groups, employee perspectives/ observations, and member satisfaction surveys.
- Be knowledgeable of and actively participate in development and execution of annual operating, marketing, and financial plan.
- Stay abreast of events, market trends, competitive climates and developments that affect the financial industry
- Represent the credit union, as required, in trade events and informational activities.
- Develops marketing reports, projections, and cost analysis for presentation to management and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for managing marketing budget including reporting on status.
- Assures timely production of the quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Direct the preparation and release of newsworthy information in accordance with established policies and maintain relations with print and broadcast media.
- Arrange interviews involving organization executives and media representatives, and prepare executives for such interviews.
- Responsible for consistent communication of the credit union ‘Brand’ including employee education, marketing materials, communication to members and public relations communication.
- Directly supervises employees in the marketing department. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the credit union’s established policies.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and employee training; planning, scheduling, assigning tasks and establishing goals, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching, motivating, and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Five or more years of direct marketing experience. A minimum of two years marketing experience in a financial institution. Minimum three years managerial experience.
- Ability to direct the research, planning, design, and implementation of new projects and programs.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrated competence in letter writing and advertising copy writing
- Knowledge in graphic art, design and production
- Knowledge and understanding of internet and web site maintenance
- Intermediate knowledge of standard office software programs, preferably Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of graphic design software.
- Knowledge and understanding of current financial market trends and competitive climate
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume environment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and implement marketing programs with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to research and compile information for the purpose of recommending marketing opportunities.
- Knowledge of marketing as it relates to planning, budgets, strategies, and results.
- Knowledge of all advertising compliance regulations pertaining to credit unions on a national and state level.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
Please submit salary requirements with your resume to email@example.com or fax 253.925.6806