IT Applications Manager
February 28, 2013
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a IT Applications Manager in the Eugene area. The IT Applications Manager is responsible for the team that delivers enhancements to our business application portfolio. This position manages the staffing of the team as well as overseeing the analysis, design, development, configuration, and testing of changes to business applications. This position works closely with business units as well as IT stakeholders to clarify priorities and negotiate delivery schedules to meet those priorities. This position also manages relationships and coordinates development work with critical vendors. This individual will collaborate with the IT Operations Manager throughout the development process to ensure successful transition of finished work to operations and to manage escalated incidents that require application engineering resources. This individual will focus on managing a team that consistently delivers secure and reliable IT systems and services that meet business needs in a fast-changing ITIL-based environment.
Pay: $88,000 – $132,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Ensure the IT application engineering team is staffed with qualified, high-performing IT professionals.
- Manage application engineering resources to deliver quality project work on time and within budget.
- Ensure that team members have clearly defined objectives that are aligned with business priorities.
- Meet regularly with team members to review progress on projects and objectives and to identify and manage obstacles.
- Drive and communicate the IT application engineering strategy.
- Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
- Champion new capabilities that meet current and forecasted business needs.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Develop and manage to the IT applications engineering budget.
- Identify, track, and present key performance metrics.
- Participate in the Change Advisory Board.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Manage Service Desk escalations related to application engineering.
- Engage with key IT and business stakeholders to review metrics, issues and proposed solutions.
- Represent IT on major corporate projects.
- Deliver system designs and builds that meet specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent team leadership qualities, and develop strong rapport with senior management.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
- Eight or more years of experience working with computer systems in a technical capacity.
- Five or more years of experience managing technical teams.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment including strong change control and configuration and release management practices.
- Experience managing teams responsible for analyzing business requirements and delivering reliable solutions.
- Experience managing vendors to deliver enhancements to business applications.
Four-year degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-applications-manager.
Posted in Article Post.