Business Credit Administration Manager
February 28, 2013
We have an exciting career opportunity on BECU’s Leadership team. If you are looking to play a strategic leadership role that will help set the future direction of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Credit Unions in the United States, then you should read on….
The Business Credit Administration Manager at BECU is responsible for the administration of small business lending activities, including loan operations, portfolio administration and asset quality. The incumbent will have overall responsibility for assisting in the development and execution leadership of our loan participation strategy and expansion to business banking. He or she will direct the activities of the Small Business Services department and act as the primary liaison between the department and other areas of the Credit Union.
As a leader within our organization, in addition to providing strategic leadership for BECU’s Small Business Services department, the Business Credit Administration Manager will perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements, act in the capacity of a Senior Loan Officer of the Credit Union, and direct the origination and underwriting, processing, closing and administration of Small Business loans, including Small Business Administration (SBA) loans.
Qualified candidates will have a B.A. or B.S. in business or equivalent work or education related experience, a minimum of 5 years management experience managing small business services activities (including business lending activities), experience with SBA lending, and prior experience in loan participations.
BECU is Washington’s largest credit union and one of the top five financial cooperatives in the country with more than 800,000 members and more than $10 billion in assets. We are a member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution committed to providing affordable and responsible financial services to residents of Washington. Since 1935, we have operated with the promise of returning value to our members in the form of better rates and fewer fees—staying true to the credit union guiding principle of “people helping people.”
- Excellent credit skills in analyzing borrower’s credit worthiness for new or expanded credit offerings.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with management and staff and outside contacts.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability for departmental and Credit Union changes.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office) with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to assess and implement organizational changes and develop position descriptions.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out-of-area locations or statewide.
- B.A. or B.S. in business or equivalent work or education related experience.
- Minimum five years’ management experience managing small business services activities, (to include business lending activities) required.
- Experience with SBA lending (to include underwriting, documentation and monitoring) preferred.
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining budgets.
Boeing Employees’ Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Interested candidates should reply to www.becu.org/careers.