February 14, 2013
Fibre Federal Credit Union, a $745m financial institution located in Longview, Washington is seeking a dynamic, progressive, team oriented individual for the position of Compliance Consultant.
- Proactively stay informed of regulatory compliance updates.
- Research updates to understand affect on Credit Union.
- Communicate updates to management team members.
- Assist management team with compliance issues and regulatory updates.
- Act as project manager on compliance relates initiatives.
- Analyze new and pending laws/regulations that could directly affect the Credit Union’s current practices/operations. Work with appropriate management team members to help reasonably ensure that policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Facilitate compliance project teams established to coordinate the implementation of larger and more complex regulations/laws including those identified by the Department Head and upon request of management team members. The Compliance Consultant will work with the applicable management team and other staff members on the project team to reasonably compliance in the specified area.
- Ensure all affected areas of the Credit Union are kept informed of changing laws/regulations and procedures for implementation to be completed at the appropriate time.
- Develop a compliance study and testing calendar each year. Implement a compliance program to effectively review nominated areas of the Credit Union for compliance.
- Assist with the development of policies of the Credit Union, as directed by management.
- Develop and maintain a library of compliance resources for use within the Credit Union.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Problem solving – the individual indentifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual must maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – the individual must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. The individual maintains on-going communication with peer department managers concerning compliance and other activities of the department as well as needs or problems, and keeps his/her informed of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes and/or other matters of importance.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Must be bondable.
- If you have excellent people skills and are interested in joining a financially sound, growing and learning organization, send your resume, including salary history and references to:
Fibre Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 1234
Longview, WA 98632
Fibre Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.