Compliance Question of the Week

With the new rule that allows merchants to impose a surcharge on credit card purchases, I am sure we are going to have some members that need to dispute the surcharges. To where should we direct them?

You can point your members in a few directions.

First, a member can use the following links to file a report directly with either VISA or MasterCard. Filing such a report may be the most efficient way to dispute a surcharge that was either mistakenly charged or not disclosed properly. An individual could also file a report on the merchant with the state’s attorney general.


Questions? Contact the Compliance Hotline: 1.800.546.4465,

Posted in Around the NW, Community Impact, Compliance News.