Member Service Representative 2
February 8, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union has several opportunities for a Member Service Representative 2, at the following branches:
- Beaverton (full-time)
- Clackamas (part-time)
- Tanasbourne (full-time)
- Mall 205 (full-time)
- Peterkort (part-time)
The Member Service Representative 2 in the branch provides member service delivery; product, service and rate information; account information; and processes transaction requests through face-to-face or telephone contact with members. The essential functions of this position include:
- Interview existing and potential members by phone or face to face to explain specific products, services and policies, including membership eligibility requirements and identify specific needs as well as cross sell products and services.
- Gather needed information from members to open new accounts, explain options such as single and joint ownership, savings share drafts, certificates and retirement programs, accurately prepare paperwork, assist in signing process, verify information and ensure all new accounts are processed properly.
- Perform lending functions in conformance with credit union policy including: interview loan applicants, gather pertinent information for the application, explain loan products, rates, terms and collateral requirements, review and assemble all loan documents to ensure accuracy and authorize the approval of loans within guidelines.
- Resolve matters of members and the credit union in a frank yet tactful manner by collecting data, securing answers, following up on details and discussing sensitive personal financial circumstances.
- Complete documents for various services such as payroll deduction, direct deposit, stop payment, wire transfer requests, telephone express teller, online teller, bill payment services and electronic card services. Process transactions for the maintenance, changes and adjustments of electronic cards.
- Provide information regarding new and on-going marketing promotions in order to offer all Credit Union products and services effectively.
- Responsible for accurately performing monetary/non-monetary transactions within established limits to prevent fraud and losses.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Arrive at your workstation on time and prepared for all scheduled shifts.
- Maintain punctuality, tact, thoroughness, and professionalism in representing Unitus.
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication, member service, and human relation skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work independently and as team player while using direction in decision making, sound judgment, and problem solving.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions, and take appropriate course of action.
- Two-year degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a financial institution required.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.unitusccu.com/about-us/careers/