Indirect Business Development Representative
February 8, 2013
The Indirect Lending Business Development Rep coordinates marketing, sales and business development efforts to drive the growth of the indirect lending program for Verity Credit Union. This position supports the attainment of goals for indirect product lines by developing and maintaining productive relationships with automotive dealers, retailers, and vendors. This position generates new referrals including auto, marine, RV, home improvement and other sources that would generate desired volume and quality of consumer loans.
The position reports to the Lending Solutions Assistant Manager. This exempt position is based out of our Northgate Headquarters location, but the majority of the week will be spent out of the office developing business. This position offers a starting base range of $30,000-35,000 per year depending on experience plus a tiered commission schedule based on loan volume generated..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain indirect loan volume at a level consistent with credit union goals.
- Engage potential new dealers, retailers, vendors for the purpose of developing new channel opportunities. Create information package, for presentation to appropriate committee for approval of new loan sources.
- Complete the sign-up process for new dealer and business partners.
- Perform on-site visits with all dealers at least quarterly (monthly for preferred dealers) and document results of visit to manager. Key elements of each call will include:
- Volume Levels
- Product Mix
- Observations on dealership activity and quality
- Discussions with key dealership management including owner, sales manager and Finance and Insurance manager.
- Provide support for underwriters in their relationship with dealers. Be engaged in discussions regarding application, contract and communication issues. Seek solutions to identified concerns that allow retention of dealer.
- Coordinate marketing requirements with the marketing department to develop advertising and sales literature for Indirect Lending.
- Prepare and coordinate with the Marketing department a business development plan to encourage positive relationships and a quality indirect loan portfolio.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of auto industry trends pertaining to loan transactions.
- Maintain a professional image and foster business relationships using strong interpersonal skills.
- Provide feedback from dealer contacts as to perception and effectiveness of indirect lending program and suggest changes as advisable.
- Support credit union goal for growth by contacting new members and offering credit union products and services.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two year experience in a financial institution desired.
- Four years auto finance experience or equivalent desired, preferably in the context of an indirect lending program.
- Previous dealer relationship management a plus.
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact, relationship building and/or cold calling.
- Post secondary course work in business, communications, or lending or equivalent experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong listening, verbal and written communication skills and be able to deal effectively and tactfully with dealers, employees and outside partners.
- Strong people/sales skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Outgoing, assertive personality.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees, members, and vendors.
- Ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Solid problem-solving skills both independently and using team collaboration.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to travel to various dealer or off-site locations.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to be issued and maintain a valid notary certification.
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/About-Us/Careers/Current-Openings)
Verity Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.