Applications Support Engineer I
February 4, 2013
First Tech Federal Credit Union serves some of the world’s most progressive, purpose-driven companies, not to mention some of the smartest people on the planet. The companies and members we serve dream big dreams, embrace change and challenge and expect their colleagues to do the same. They need a financial institution that can make their lives easier. That means we’re looking for the world’s most progressive, purpose-driven and intelligent employees to serve them.
Our dynamic and innovative Core Banking Applications department is searching for a Applications Support Engineer to join their team. The Applications Support Engineer will use their in-depth technical expertise and leadership to offer guidance, planning, coordination and supervision to all activities related to the integration of critical credit union enterprise applications into the organization’s information systems. This role is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, training, documentation and improvement of in-house or off-the-shelf software applications. As an Applications Support Engineer you will work with in-house and vendor application development teams, internal customers, such as operations, team leads, QA staff and other business units to test and understand the interoperability of new and existing applications.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of software applications and related hardware solutions, systems and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field of study.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- 2 years Microsoft SharePoint experience preferred.
- Ability to conduct research into systems, issues and products.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Report writing and technical documentation experience coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to listen openly and make trusted and unbiased conclusions under challenging circumstances.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a web-based distributed client server environment, including strong understanding of typical 3 tier architecture and infrastructure setups.
- Experience working in a relational database environment (ORACLE, SQL).
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including but not limited to Microsoft and Linux OS.
- Fundamental knowledge of PC and financial institution specific hardware peripherals (receipt printers, signature pads, etc).
- Ability to work a rotating 24×7 on call support schedule.
Location: Rocklin, CA 95765.
First Tech Federal Credit Union is not currently sponsoring Visas.
Interested? Great! Click on the link below to apply.