February 1, 2013
To Apply: www.kitsapcu.org
Job Title: Web Developer
Reports to: Department Manager
This position will be responsible for researching, designing, and architecting sustainable and scalable applications with an emphasis on security for our public and private sites. Join our small yet agile team and continue creating awesome clean code that saves people time and improves their daily lives. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their craft; a true digital artisan.
- Demonstrates support of corporate values, mission and vision. Performs job duties within these standards and in accordance with the guidelines of our bylaws and regulations.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle including planning, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Write, translate and code web applications according to specifications.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality relative to any information received directly or indirectly at all times.
- Coordinate with Systems Analysts, Desktop Technicians and IT Operations staff to provide technical support on developed software and applications to credit union personnel and members.
- Execute performance and security tests on new and existing software for the purposes of measuring efficiency, correcting mistakes, identifying areas for improvement, and eliminate security concerns.
- Effectively and clearly communicate project updates with Analyst.
- Coordinate efforts with technical staff to resolve issues in applications in development and in production.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of programming concepts and design alternatives. Cultivate and appropriately disseminate knowledge, skills and abilities pertaining to application development best practices and standards.
- Review and evaluate existing workflows and work practices in departments and branches to determine efficiencies of existing software solutions and areas of improvement.
- Prepare tests applications for monitoring web performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in defining, preparing, maintaining, and enforcing processes and procedures for logging and reporting software utilization.
- As required, functions as a liaison with third-party vendors and service providers.
- Conduct research on Web services products and tools and evaluate and recommend products for purchase and implementation.
- Contribute to effective department and Credit Union operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Source code management: Experience merging, branching and checking code using industry standard tools in a team environment. Experience with Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the qualifications for the position.
- Four years experience in web application development. Experience with high volume e-commerce sites desired. Experience architecting saleable applications in an OO environment is preferred.
- Experience in the utilization of a Software Development Life Cycle methodology, including all phases of analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance. Agile (Scrum) experience preferred.
- In depth understanding of networking concepts and protocols.
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and building custom web parts desired.
- Experience with working and integrating 3rd party API’s is required.
- Strong hands-on experience resolving technical issues, including analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Testing experience desired.
- Knowledge in programming languages and object oriented design. Experience with .Net environment C#, XML, HTML, XHTML, CSS as well as Windows Server platforms, and IIS. Experience leveraging custom controls like Telerik looked at favorably.
- Working technical knowledge of RDMS systems. Needs to be proficient in SQL and must be extremely comfortable with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas and concepts to users of all technical levels.
- Understanding and appreciation of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to stand, lift up to 50 pounds, bend and stretch.
- Requires the ability to work in an office environment.
Kitsap Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply visit our website at http://www.KitsapCU.org
Posted in Article Post.