Mortgage Loan Officer
February 1, 2013
Close Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a Mortgage Loan Officer in the Eugene/Springfield area. Mortgage Loan Officers work directly with members during every step of their home buying process. They assist clients with their mortgage lending needs, analyze loan requests and make credit decisions based on mortgage lending policy. Ideal candidates will have a current book of business and loan origination experience within the last 6 months. Demonstrated marketing skills, history of sales results, and leadership abilities are essential, as is a commitment to a team-based environment.
Pay: Base plus Commission
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet Credit Union, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, and governmental standards. Approve or reject loan application, or request additional information. Establish terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member.
- Manage pipeline to ensure timely and accurate responses to members. Establish and maintain relationships with realtors. Market the Credit Union’s real estate services to the community by participating/attending real estate focused meetings. Will also be expected to cold call, send out mailers, and attend outside community functions to ensure new business.
- Keep informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending. Prepare and present educational seminars for realtors on Credit Union real estate products.
- Keep abreast of products and services offered by Oregon Community Credit Union and other financial institutions. Act as a resource to assist members in determining which type of real estate product best suits the situation. Cross-sell credit union services to increase overall aggregate balances.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the compliance of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
Two years to five years of similar or related experience. This includes experience in mortgage lending, as well as marketing and/or sales.
Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/mortgage-loan-officer.