IT Network Administrator
February 1, 2013
Maps Credit Union in Salem, OR is recruiting for an IT Network Administrator. This position requires a Bachelor’s of Computer Science (BS/CS) degree in related field or equivalent experience and four (4) years professional experience in network support, design and customer satisfaction skills. Financial institution experience is also preferred. Essential functions of the job include:
- Design, test, implement, and support credit union business processes, with emphasis in network administration, high availability, and security.
- Evaluate, recommend and develop network systems, processes and products to meet business needs.
- Provide project leadership in product research, vendor management, and change implementation.
- Document and monitor credit union network and associated network devices.
- Maintain network operations by troubleshooting and solving software and network related problems.
- Maintain network operating systems and hardware to accommodate credit union uptime, efficiency, and security goals.
- Report to management on the status of information systems.
- Maintain inter- and intradepartmental work flow by providing information to and cooperating with co-workers.
- Maintain operations by staying informed of and following policies and procedures; report needed changes.
- Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and maintaining professional relationships.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols, devices, and technologies:
- Cisco, Brocade, Firewalls (ASA), intrusion detection and prevention, VLANs, VPN, wireless controller and access points, DNS, load balancers, proxies, QOS, POE.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and automation technologies ‘ Rancid, Catci, Solarwinds, NetFlow.
- Configure and support virtualization environments ‘ Hyper-V (preferred) or VMWare.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, presentation speaking capability, and demonstrated analytical and organization skills.
- Take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work with co-workers, members, and outside agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
Maps has been serving the Salem community for over 75 years. We strive to create a corporate culture of service and innovation and take great pride in recognizing and meeting the changing needs of those we help. We offer a competitive compensation package including employer paid benefits and a generous 401(k) program. . If you are interested in joining our team, visit the careers page on our website (www.mapscu.com/about_careers.html) to see more detail about this position and to complete an electronic application.
Posted in Advocacy News.