February 1, 2013
To Apply: www.kitsapcu.org
Job Title: Compliance Specialist
Reports to: RM Manager
Department: Risk Management
Pay Grade: 35
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Provides direction in risk management and risk strategy activities to meet KCU strategic, operational, reporting, and compliance objectives. Ensures the credit union risks are identified and assessed; then managed and mitigated to an acceptable tolerance level.
- Demonstrate support of the corporate mission, vision, and values. Performs job duties within these standards and in accordance with the guidelines set forth in credit union bylaws and policies.
- Manages the daily activities of compliance related issues, fielding requests/calls from all business units of the CU.
- Coordinates Credit Union and external resources, provides procedural direction, and reports to the Risk manager on the status of compliance programs and initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge related to industry events, trends and technology which may affect the CU.
- Coordinates the credit union’s overall compliance with applicable rules, regulations and statutory requirements; including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, TILA, RESPA, HMDA and USA Patriot Act. Provide insight, interpretation and guidance on regulatory issues to management and employees.
- Prepares reports required for Risk Manager.
- Develops and coordinates training and education for employees and management.
- Assists in the development and administration of a comprehensive compliance program that ensures Kitsap Credit Union is complaint with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Performs reviews of selected compliance/risk management process and functions to ensure efficiency.
- Establishes and assists in the maintenance of compliance/risk management procedures.
- Assists with the business continuity plan development and dissemination.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality relative to any information received directly or indirectly at all times.
- Actively involved/informed of the office security policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness and compliance. Assists in the coordination of training and education for employees and management.
- Reviews the credit unions programs, policies and procedures. Analyzes and monitors program for compliance and risk.
- Reviews the credit union’s record retention policies and procedures concerning retention, retrieval, preservation, and disposition.
- Provide feedback to the Risk Manager in changes to business practices and the financial industry that may impact the credit union. Recommend changes to procedures and/or guidelines to incorporate amendments to meet the need of the change.
- Assesses the credit union’s compliance/risk measurement, controls, accountability, and responsiveness.
- Assesses areas of policy and procedural exposure to fraud, develops recommendations for enhancement of fraud risk. Assists in providing training to staff for the prevention of fraud.
- Responsible for the preparation of necessary documents to file bond claims and/or any other reports needed for related agencies request reports.
- Contribute to the effective department and credit union operations by performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of five year’s financial institution experience in a compliance related field required. Exposure to state & federal regulations and fraud prevention techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of credit union products & services, policies and procedures, and operating systems.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the credit union.
- High level of knowledge of personal computers, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, concurrent projects and organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Maintain employee and member confidentiality in credit union matters.
- Project a positive and professional image through effective verbal and written communication.
- Accessibility during and after business hours are critical to this position.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to stand, lift, bend and stretch.
- Requires the ability to work in an office environment.
Kitsap Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.