Business Lending Credit Analyst
January 31, 2013
Responsible for assisting loan officers in credit analysis, credit request preparation, loan packaging, and other related activities and duties in order to ensure timely, accurate presentations of member business loans, including but not limited to new loan requests and annual reviews of existing loans. Responsible for compilation, review, input and analysis of member financial data to assist in the credit decision and ensure that loans and terms remain within established parameters and established policies of the Credit Union.
- Work as part of the Member Business Services team; compiling all current required financial documentation for new and existing loans, corresponding with borrowers to ensure proper documentation is provided, processing, input, and of financial documentation.
- Perform analysis of financial statements, cash flows, and tax returns to evaluate the financial position of the borrower and/or guarantor(s) to support Member Business loans decisions.
- Analyze and evaluate borrowers’ / guarantors’ ability support repayment of proposed loans, while considering all sources of income and obligations of the borrower / guarantor.
- May recommend loan terms and/or pricing structures to loan officer.
- Assist loan officers in writing and submitting credit approval requests.
- Correspond with existing borrowers regarding annual reviews and maturities, interest rate changes, term changes, providing them with list of documentation needed. Follow up until information is received.
- Assist in tracking credit package completion.
- Assist loan officers in gathering information by ordering credit reports through established channels along with UCC pre-searches.
- Perform annual reviews for all assigned loans.
- Ensure that all NCUA, DFI, and Credit Union loan policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform various office-related duties such as answering telephones, filing, preparing outgoing packages for shipping through established channels.
- Maintain and update borrower databases, files and other records.
- Assist with collections for all assigned loans.
- Act as a point person for Member Business loans, when necessary handling routine advances and inquiries.
- Interact with branch staff on a regular basis, acting as MBL resource.
- Represent iQ Credit Union in the community, attending appropriate business and community events.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly and quarterly departmental reports for manager, as assigned.
- With limited direction, complete a wide variety of non-routine, special administrative projects.
- Contribute to department by taking the initiative to assist co-workers. Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Maintain strict confidentially regarding member information at all times.
- Greet visitors to the Member Business loan area as necessary, and direct them to appropriate person based on appointment or need.
- Promote and cross-sell other products and services as appropriate to member needs.
- Participate in department activities that enhance the efforts and goals of the department and the Credit Union.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP Business Services and other lending managers.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A college degree.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
- Must understand, analyze, and accurately present Global Cash Flow Analysis for large and complex relationships with multiple borrowers and guarantors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to work successfully with the general public, as well as other employees.
- Previous experience and proficiency with Buker’s Taxanalysis® and Moody’s Financial Analyst® software programs.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications including Word Processing and Excel spreadsheet programs; mainframe computer and financial analysis programs and the integration of data.
- Demonstrated skills in handling complex work assignments in various banking functions.
- Ability to work in a team environment by accurately accomplishing work assignments under limited supervision.
Posted in Article Post.