Internal Audit Manager
January 25, 2013
Provides an independent appraisal of the diverse operations and controls within the credit union to determine whether acceptable policies and procedures are followed, established standards are met, resources are used efficiently and economically, and the organization’s objectives are being achieved. Makes recommendations for change and improvement to systems practices and procedures to minimize risk and ensure the safety of members’ funds. Provides for compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Provides supervision and direction to the Internal Auditor.
Assures effective credit union operations and effective internal controls by developing and maintaining audit programs for credit union functions; develops and implements a risk-based audit plan; continually evaluates the effectiveness of the audit programs and procedures. Schedules all audits and performs audit procedures, identifies adequacies and inadequacies, and recommends operational enhancements in support of organizational goals. Provides for adherence to policies and procedures established by management and the Board of Directors by auditing for compliance according to procedures specified in the credit union’s internal audit program. Reports findings to the President/CEO and the Supervisory Committee and makes recommendations for appropriate action.
- Knowledge of credit union laws and regulations, with the ability to interpret and apply
- Accounting principles and techniques
- Audit procedures, practices, and theories
- Data processing systems and modern office methods and procedures
- Management and supervisory principles and practices
- A minimum of three years of auditing experience in a credit union or other financial institution, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Auditing, or a related field required
Based out of Seattle or Lakewood, Washington based on candidate needs.
Click here to apply for this position.
Posted in Article Post.