Contact Center Manager
January 25, 2013
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusive): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Contact Center Manager Manages the overall operation of the Contact Center including; member service, people development, sales, referrals, and operational integrity of the Contact Center while following the Credit Union policies, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
LEADERSHIP & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Enable individual team members to grow and succeed by providing timely feedback, coaching effectively, and rewarding hard work.
- Ability to lead through change and adversity with ease.
- Support, promote, and ensure that staff activities are aligned with SMCU’s overall mission, vision, and values.
- Energized and effective leader, who is able to build a high performing, highly motivated team through recognition, focus on development, and leadership by example.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and hold Contact Center staff accountable for achieving consistently strong performance.
- Ability to exercise good judgment regarding special circumstances surrounding member requests.
- Understands and manages to Contact Center best practice standards including:
- Abandon Rates
- Call Volume Management
- Call Routing
- Service Levels
- Call Handle Time
- Assures Contact Center participation in strategic planning, operations, and lending meetings as scheduled, sharing knowledge, concerns, and opinions.
- Communicates effectively with peers in topics of mutual concern.
SALES & SERVICE
- Uses coaching as the primary tool for improving staff performance by holding regular coaching sessions and documenting results using the Platinum Sales & Service model.
- Leads by example by demonstrating effective consultative sales and service interactions using the Platinum Sales & Service model.
- Assists staff in maintaining individual member satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on agreed upon Contact Center service standards.
- Participates in promotions and marketing efforts.
- Maintains appropriate Contact Center staffing requirements.
- Monitors Contact Center budget and assures timely payment of expenses.
- Understands and participates in the budget development process for direct Contact Center expenses.
- Reads, understands, and can explain Credit Union financial statements and other reports.
- Assures that all department duties and member services are completed according to job standards, regulations, and procedures.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. Will be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- May be required to work Saturday hours.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies up to 50 lbs.
- 4 year college degree required.
- Strong knowledge of Contact Center industry standards and trends.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations such as Reg. B, Reg. E, Reg. D, Reg. CC, Reg. Z, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office Suite products.
- Solid knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to organize staff around complex service delivery and administrative tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Math aptitude sufficient to understand and explain dividend and interest calculations; participate in budget process and monitor branch expenses.
- Ability to understand and readily learn computer lending and other system applications
- Minimum of five years experience in financial services industry operations preferred, three of which are in a management/supervisory capacity. Contact Center experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Posted in Marketing & Communications.