Requisition: Mortgage Underwriter II
January 24, 2013
First Tech Federal Credit Union serves some of the world’s most progressive, purpose-driven companies, not to mention some of the smartest people on the planet. The companies and members we serve dream big dreams, embrace change, and challenge and expect their colleagues to do the same. They need a financial institution that can make their lives easier. That means we’re looking for the world’s most progressive, purpose-driven and intelligent employees to serve them.
We are searching for a Mortgage Underwriter to join the First Tech Mortgage Lending team. As an Underwriter you will underwrite mortgage loan applications to secondary market, external vendor and credit union guidelines. You will be expected to evaluate each loan carefully to maximize organizational profit while mitigating risk and loss. As part of the loan application process, the Mortgage Underwriter will review property appraisals, analyze the employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics and all other information pertinent to the credit union’s underwriting practices. The Mortgage Underwriter is proactive in communicating decisions to the loan originators and processors as well as serving as a resource to all Mortgage personnel on underwriting questions. Facilitating smooth operation of the department and member satisfaction will be your top priorities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum 2-4 years mortgage underwriting experience required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures for underwriting first and second mortgage loans. Familiarity with DU, LP and Manual underwriting processes.
- Ability to analyze policies, procedures and guidelines in a way that maximizes productivity but protects the risk tolerance of the credit union; ability to offer viable and creative loan alternatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster internal and external business relationships.
- Excellent organizational, time management and computer knowledge.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- FHA D/E designation preferred.
- Previous credit union experience preferred.
- Proficiency in full spectrum of MS Office suite.
Location: Beaverton, OR 97006.
Interested? Great! Click on the link below to apply.
Posted in Advocacy News.