January 11, 2013
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
As the Project Manager you will plan, direct, coordinate or budget, usually through project sponsors, activities concerned with the Credit Union’s major projects. Participate in the conceptual development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation. The Project Manager position is contract for 1 year.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Initiate and maintain liaison with project sponsor(s) and others to facilitate project activities. Work with management and staff to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with management and staff to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and process problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site project sponsor to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with the Accounting Department to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the vendor.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff and management.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Work with dispatcher to assign workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of administration, management, and project management software and tools.
- Excellent mathematical and Excel skills, including application and use in problem solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree/experience combination.
- Approximately 5 years of experience in the project management.
- PMP certification preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
- To accomplish work activities, Project Manager must be able to coordinate or lead employees among different levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking and driving.
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
Posted in Article Post.