Office Services Admin Assistant
January 11, 2013
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
Role at SMCU
The Office Services Admin Assistant II is responsible for assisting with the service and administration of a variety of Facility and Office Services for management and staff. Includes coordination and assisting with various department responsibilities and projects, assuring daily flow of mail (incoming/outgoing/interoffice), Track It requests, maintenance for SMCU vehicles, meeting room set ups, access card creation and cancellation, filling and delivering supply orders to branches and departments.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains facilities and office services files and records.
- Access system card creation and cancellation.
- Maintains credit union vehicles and supporting records.
- Coordinates FOS projects as needed.
- Supports and assists vendor activity.
- Maintains key log and key boxes.
- Provides keys as needed for employees and vendors.
- Sets up for marketing functions, annual meetings, general staff meetings, board meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Administrative duties may require heavy lifting and moving of items and materials up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Daily pickup of incoming mail. Requires lifting ten (10) to seventy-five (75) pounds and carrying or hand carting the mail to and from the post office.
- Daily retrieval of interoffice mail from inter-branch mail tubs. Requires lifting ten (10) to seventy-five (75) pounds and bringing contents to the mail room for distribution.
- Responsible for sorting daily incoming, and interoffice mail, processes and delivers as needed daily.
- Orders and controls disbursement of postage, including: postage meter and return mail postage.
- Performs courier service as needed. Requires heavy lifting and transporting (by carrying or hand truck) of items up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
Supplies and Invoices 30%
- Orders supplies and forms as needed.
- Reviews all invoices for accuracy and works with vendors as needed to resolve inaccuracies.
- Submits all invoices for approval and payment upon receipt.
- Works with branch and department supply personnel to maintain required level of supplies at workstations.
- Provides timely feedback on status of back orders and special orders.
- Contributes to contribute to maintaining the department’s Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Provides support for critical duties of Facilities.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours meetings.
- Frequent heavy physical effort may be required and some work with strained positions such as bending, stooping and standing.
- Some manual handling of heavy materials and tools.
- Occasional work with hazardous chemicals and electrical emergencies.
- Inclement weather conditions, such as rain, wind or snow.
- May require working in high areas, i.e., on roof.
- High school diploma or equivalent with one year of college
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word & Excel software programs.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and track projects in a fast paced environment.
- Team player that can work independently.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to perform general maintenance.
- Excellent driving record for prior three years.
- Physical ability to lift at least seventy-five (75) lbs.
- One year administrative support experience.
- Familiar with postal equipment and regulations.
- Familiar with office supplies and their uses.
- One year of trade maintenance training or experience is preferred.
- Dependability, Adaptability/Flexibility, Personal Organization, Productivity, Effective Communication, Timely, Sense of Urgency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.