Training and Development Manager
January 10, 2013
Close Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a Training and Development Manager in our Eugene Corporate Offices. The Training and Development Manager provides leadership to develop our employees and prepare individuals to excel in their current roles as well as prepare employees for future career opportunities.
Pay: $56,000 – $84,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Determine training and development needs throughout the organization that will help us to best achieve our strategic goals. Keep abreast of Credit Union changes and proactively recommend training programs that will help us to achieve our organizational goals. Evaluate audit results to determine key areas for improvement and implement training solutions that provide employees with the skills and ability to perform their jobs correctly. Locate, evaluate, and recommend outsourced training solutions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Corporate University Program that provides career development learning tracks for employees. Employees should be able to gain skills for current roles, as well as prepare themselves for future career opportunities. All areas of the Credit Union should be addressed, from entry-level positions through the Executive Team. The CU Program should include a comprehensive leadership development program for existing and emerging leaders. Regulatory-required trainings must be included.
- Develop, implement, and maintain electronic delivery “just-in-time” training solutions. Employees should be able to receive the training they need at their current locations, as they have time to complete the training, or when the employees need to refresh their skills.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive mentor program. Employee mentors should be used to provide supplemental training on-site for employees, as well as providing career growth guidance. Appropriate train-the-trainer and mentorship training programs should be included.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Training and Developing Staff, including managing performance and goal achievement. Hire, coach, evaluate, and if necessary, make recommendations for terminations of the Training and Development Team. Manages the Information Support Desk staff.
- Administer and manage the OCCU Scholars Program.
- Oversee planning and implementation of Credit Union-wide training events, including providing support to All Staff planning and production teams.
- Develop and maintain annual training plan, including annual training budgets. Provide periodic reports of training results and critical measurements.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Maintain all personnel files, records, and reports in a logical, timely, legally compliant manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee and company information, including following all HIPAA regulations regarding confidential health information.
- Maintain up-to-date regarding the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Advocate for the Credit Union’s mission, vision, and values.
- Follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Professional business writing and reporting.
- Research and analysis.
- Electronic communication systems (Microsoft Office Products, E-Learning Systems, etc.).
- Adult learning methodologies.
- Meeting facilitation.
- Program development and implementation.
- Project management.
Five to ten years of similar or related experience, including development of corporate training programs, use of adult learner methodologies, and electronic training delivery systems.
Equivalent to a college degree or related specialized track of study. PHR or SPHR designation from Society of HR Management (SHRM) or Certified Professional in Learning and Performance Certification (CPLP) from the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) preferred.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/training-and-development-manager.