Member Lending Solutions Manager
January 9, 2013
The Member Lending Solutions Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, reporting and monitoring the performance and daily activities within the Member Lending Solutions department of the Member Care Division and is ultimately responsible for the team’s performance. This person will have thorough knowledge of Credit Union policies, procedures, underwriting guidelines and regulatory compliance issues that relate to the various loan products. The Member Lending Solutions Manager will also make consistent quality loan decisions on loan requests not exceeding the loan limits assigned as a Loan Officer.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze data related to staffing to ensure staff is best utilized during peak and slow times in conjunction with the Workforce Manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, vendors, and management.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to effectively present information and/or training to individuals and groups.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member related issues are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
- Active involvement in professional organizations pertaining to lending.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BECU Employee Handbook and Management Reference Manual.
- Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range.
- When in the office, combined sitting and moving throughout the workday to accomplish tasks.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out-of-area locations, statewide, or overseas.
- B.A. or B.S. in business administration, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Three to five years’ management experience within BECU, another financial institution, or comparable management experience required.
- Three to five years’ experience in consumer and/or mortgage lending or comparable work required.
- Three to five years managing key vendor relationships preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience as a loan officer or related experience preferred.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
Boeing Employees’ Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Interested candidates should reply to www.becu.org
Posted in Marketing & Communications.