Full-Time Regional Assistant Manager
January 8, 2013
Northwest Community Credit Union puts our member’s experience first and foremost, through each interaction. Frontline services, user-centered technology, and staffing are dedicated to providing each member with the care and attention that they need. Come and be a part of this experience with us!
We are currently seeking a full time Regional Assistant Manager position at our Support Center in Springfield, Oregon. This position is responsible for providing support to the Regional Manager and performs a variety of administrative duties necessary in supporting the multiple branch operations of the Credit Union. This position prepares general correspondence, leads special projects, and maintains files and records.
Preferred candidates will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, team-focused, and have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Qualified candidates should have three years’ experience in Administration and branch operations. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business/finance, or equivalent work related experience preferred.
We would love to have you join our team! To apply, please visit our website at www.nwcu.com for more information.
Title: Regional Assistant Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Regional Manager
Supervises: No Direct Reports
Position Primary Purpose: Performs a variety of duties and tasks relating to the administrative and operational support of the Credit Union’s branch functions.
- Provides support to Regional Manager and performs a variety of administrative activities necessary to support the Regional Manager and branch operations of the Credit Union.
- Assists Regional Manager by preparing general correspondence, special projects, and maintaining files and records.
- Assists management by providing materials requested, preparing materials and reports.
- Maintains and updates policies, procedures, logs, spreadsheets and reports.
- Handles branch/department correspondence and expense reports.
- Assists with branch staffing reports, staffing approval, branch operations, etc.
- Assists Regional Manager with process improvement, coaching and problem-solving.
- Prepare and schedule meetings and trainings as required.
- Supports quality/service and sales activities, including marketing input, sales results and quality/service results.
- Assists with branch personnel activities, including preliminary employment interviewing, reference checking, selection, orientation of new employees, salary administration, performance feedback, training, and branch performance objectives.
- Recommends promotions, reassignments, and salary increases for the regional manager’s approval.
- Keeps the regional manager informed of daily situations regarding personnel and members which affect quality/service and branch operations.
Provides relief coverage, as requested, for branch management personnel. May be requested to support any location within NWCU’s branch network.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments with competitors through such activities as reading publications, contacting counterparts in other organizations, and attending meetings, seminars, and special events.
- Increases experience through continued exposure to all phases of branch operations.
Previous Experience: Three years’ experience in Administration and branch operations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business/finance, or equivalent work related experience preferred.
- Excellent telephone, grammar and typing skills. Minimum typing speed of 70 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to perform detailed work from routine to complex nature.
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of callers, visitors, and vendors.
- Must exercise considerable judgment and discretion in scheduling appointments for the Regional Manager and in handling telephone calls and visitors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with membership, management and staff.
- Must present a professional, friendly, business like appearance and manner.
- Continuous sitting when performing administrative secretarial duties. Occasional standing. Occasional walking.
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity to perform various accounting duties such as using a 10 key calculator, typing, and entering data into the computer system. Frequent talking in person and on the telephone. Frequent hearing in person and on the telephone. Continuous clarity of vision of 20 inches or less.
- Occasional problem solving on routine matters. Frequent attention to detail. Continuous performance of basic numeric calculations, as well as writing, reading, comparing, and analyzing. Continuous alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy of work.
- Normal workday with occasional overtime. Occasional travel required. Exposed to potentially hazardous condition, i.e., robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.