Full-Time Mortgage Processor (MSR 3)
January 8, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union has an opportunity for a full-time Mortgage Processor (MSR 3) in our Mortgage Lending department. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
Provide exceptional member & internal organizational service in response to applicant needs and requests relating to the residential loan processing. Efficiently assist processing loan applications by performing moderately complex assignments.
- Completes file review of newly originated mortgage loan applications validating that applications are entered correctly and are compliant with all Federal, State, Credit Union and Agency regulations/requirements.
- Ensures that all internal and regulated loan disclosures are delivered on time and are accurate.
- Collects all related loan documentation and correctly submits verified data to underwriting.
- Reviews and monitors incoming loan documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions as noted by the automated underwriting system “Desktop Underwriter” (DU) or manually underwritten applications.
- Submits file to Senior Loan Processor in order that file can be reviewed, validated and sent to loan closing.
- Orders appraisals, verifications and title documents.
- Assist with requests made by the Mortgage sales team and interested parties to a mortgage transaction.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Credit Union expectations, policies and regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge for regulatory changes completed through the Credit Union job-specific training and at their own initiative.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where sound judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Requires a high school diploma and at least one year experience in the Mortgage field preferably in mortgage processing or equivalent. Must be NMLS eligible for S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Familiar with using an automated underwriting system such as Desktop Underwriter or Loan Prospector. Should possess basic knowledge of all aspects of Fannie Mae guidelines. Must have an exceptional member service ethic and solid organizational abilities and time management skills.
We are located in downtown southwest Portland, with convenient access to public transportation.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.unitusccu.com/about-us/careers/