IT Quality Assurance Engineer
January 2, 2013
Close Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for an IT Quality Assurance Engineer in our Eugene Corporate Offices. The IT Quality Assurance Engineer inspects new systems and configurations to confirm they function correctly. This position works closely with IT Business Applications Engineers and IT Infrastructure Engineers to improve quality of all new code released to the production infrastructure. Additionally, they work closely with IT Operations Engineers, carrying out testing of operational maintenance changes and infrastructure upgrades.
All IT Engineering Team members are responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of OCCU’s application and infrastructure portfolio. Team members support the technology needs of corporate projects and business platform Work Requests. The position responds to production Incidents, restoring IT services quickly to reduce impact to customers. Position supports the fulfillment of Service Requests defined in the IT Service Catalog. Members provide level-two support to employees with technology issues that could not be resolved by the Helpdesk. Team members provide evening and weekend On Call support.
Pay: $45,300 – $67,900 annually, commensurate with experience
Position demonstrates ability to carry out these job responsibilities with manger’s guidance and consistent speed.
- Support project and business platform Work Requests.
- Respond to production Incidents.
- Adhere to IT Architecture and Information Security Policies and Standards.
- Deliver IT Service Requests defined in the IT Service Catalog.
- Provide Level 2 Support to the OCCU helpdesk in response to technology issues.
- Contribute to the system knowledge base used by the Helpdesk.
- Provide after hour On Call support for IT systems and services.
- Adhere to IT Change Control policies and procedures, submit appropriately documented change tickets, and participate in CAB meetings.
- Follow Work Request Lifecycle processes and documentation standards.
- Work collaboratively with other IT teams.
- Test patches and updates to ensure functionality and compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Build test plans and estimate testing time.
- Clearly document issues and notify developers.
- Identify and track key quality assurance performance metrics.
- Ensure that all builds adhere to existing standards within IT.
- Ensure all solutions developed by IT adhere to the documented scope and business requirements.
- Enhance quality of IT solutions by providing rigorous testing of production infrastructure changes.
- Participate in the Change Advisory Board.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated and can work independently.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Strong troubleshooting and log analysis skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies.
- Experience deploying systems, software, and configuration changes and implementing rollback plans.
- Two or more years of experience in working with computer systems in a technical capacity.
- Two-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-quality-assurance-engineer-1.
Posted in Article Post.