Compliance and Risk Officer
January 2, 2013
Close Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a Compliance and Risk Officer in our Eugene Corporate Offices. The Compliance and Risk Officer ensures that the Credit Union has appropriate measures in place to mitigate risk associated with compliance and regulations, safety and security, and vendor management.
Pay: $41,200 – $61,800 annually
- BSA – Coordinate the Credit Union’s Bank Secrecy Program, including, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC compliance. Responsible for carrying out all day to day program duties including training and program guidance, record retention consulting, monitoring employee and member transactions for money laundering, process FinCen reports and other applicable reports, download 314 (a) information and run OFAC checks on our membership.
- Contract/Vendor Management – Implement and maintain tracking system of current contracts with 3rd party vendors. Notify management of upcoming contract dates and provide consultation services to Credit Union management to review contracts, due diligence, and vendor strength. Make recommendations regarding the program as needed. Report any significant vendor risks or deficiencies to the Risk Supervisor.
- Compliance – Facilitate 3rd party relationship with compliance attorney to provide the Credit Union with compliance review and advice. Stay up to date with changes in the regulatory environment and provide information and education to management and staff as appropriate. Responsible for collaborating with and communication to business units regarding regulatory changes, training initiatives and other compliance requirements as it pertains to specific business units. Responsible for revising Credit Union guidelines, policies and disclosures as it relates to Risk Management. Make recommendations to business units to maintain regulatory changes and mitigate risk.
- Audits/Risk Assessments – Collaborate with business units to prepare for external and internal audit, reviews and assessments. Act as the liaison between management, department units and the auditors for efficient review and assessment, scheduling and documentation gathering process.
- Business Contingency Planning – Assume management responsibility for Business Contingency planning efforts with a major focus on assuring the adequacy of business unit contingency plans for critical business areas, functions and applications. To maintain continued operations, asset protection, and loss mitigation in the event of a disruption, coordinating activities of technology resources with the company’s business units and development groups, as required.
- Projects – Act as the liaison for Credit Union projects and initiatives that need Risk input and guidance. Provide legal, vendor management and compliance consultation as required by the project.
- Physical Security – Facilitate 3rd party relationships with security vendors. Work with Facilities and other business units to insure that all security equipment is working properly and that the Credit Union has taken sufficient security measures to mitigate risk. Coordinate key deployment and tracking for employees. Coordinate ongoing security training for employees as needed. Make recommendations and report deficiencies to the Risk Supervisor.
- Department Support – Provide support to the Risk Management Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form in a clear and concise manner. Able to present to small and large groups effectively.
- Willing to attend trainings/seminars as necessary to stay abreast of the current laws and regulations and develop skills for current position.
- Is highly organized and detail oriented. Organizes workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Is self-motivated and can work independently.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience. Risk or Compliance background preferred.
Education: Equivalent to a four-year college degree and completion of specific regulatory and compliance training.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/compliance-and-risk-officer.
Posted in Article Post.