Credit and Security Officer
December 19, 2012
Oversees the Credit & Security Department, directing the work flow to ensure all delinquent accounts are handled correctly and in the appropriate timeframe. Performs a variety of duties in the collection of delinquent accounts, creation of Debt Management Plans, and prevention of loan losses. Individual must possess a firm understanding of the Federal Bankruptcy Code, State and local laws when applicable. Chosen applicant must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and initiative in all circumstances.
- Performs a variety of duties including collections, repossessions, file documentation and maintenance, correspondence, charge-off accounts handling, small claims, judgments, garnishments, bankruptcies and recoveries.
- Prepares monthly board and other departmental reports.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements through a clear understanding of Credit Union lending policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws regarding debt collections, legal processes and bankruptcies.
- Monitors the delinquent ratio, charge offs, allowance for loan loss, collection and legal expenses, collateral in liquidation and other factors relating to loss prevention.
- Accountable for establishing and achieving department goals regarding delinquency, loss prevention and recovery.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize effectively to produce efficiently
- Aptitude to adopt and apply new knowledge quickly
- Outstanding attention to detail skills
- Proficient in keyboarding, word processing, and spreadsheet programs
- Extensive knowledge of bankruptcy and collection laws and creditor’s contractual and statutory rights and limitations
Education and Experience Required:
- Familiarity with Credit Union Compliance/NCUA Regualtions and other laws applicable to financial institutions
- Minimum high school graduate, 2-4 years of college level courses preferred
- Precious Collection experience of at least 5 years required.
Chosen applicant will receive an outstanding benefit package.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Around the NW.