December 18, 2012
Nordstrom Federal Credit Union (NFCU) is a $47 million, full service financial institution, not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned and run by members to benefit members, with one branch and an office in Seattle, Washington. NFCU has been in business for 76 years and serves over 7,000 members throughout the United States. We have an excellent opportunity for a President/CEO. This individual will be responsible for all member services (branch, call center and back-office member transaction services, lending, loan servicing & collections). This person will be critical in leading NFCU to achieve the strategic initiatives of the expansion of existing business relationships and the development of new business. This position must also ensure operations are following regulatory, organizational and financial requirements.
Some of the Duties and Essential Job Functions include:
- Develops and implements branch office sales plans and incentive programs to meet Credit Union service and business plan goals.
- Monitors key products and sales within branch office operations to ensure profitability and sound business practice while providing high quality service for members.
- Ensures employees are maximizing opportunities to sell appropriate products and services.
- Develops and implements control systems, methods, programs, and procedures to ensure that operations managers are effectively managing all aspects of branch and back-office operations.
- Ensures all employees have the skills to maintain effective and efficient interactions with members and potential members.
- Drive new business development activities and opportunities as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors to create and promote programs to meet Credit Union service and business plan goals.
- Maintain current knowledge about competitors’ products and services, features and benefits.
- Ensure that the loan portfolio maintains appropriate levels of risk in accordance with policy and regulatory standards.
- Oversee the development and recommendation of new and revised lending policies and procedures for loan products and their respective interest rate structures.
- Approves or refers loan applications within authority limits.
- Responsible for oversight of loan servicing to ensure loan and credit card records are in order and documentation is maintained as required.
The right candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or related area. Will consider equivalent work related experience (Senior Management related experience of more than 5 years) or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline is desirable.
- 10+ years or more experience managing in one or more areas of the following: branch operations, back-office member services, lending, loan servicing & collections.
- A minimum of 5 years or more experience in a Senior Management level position in one or more of the above areas.
- A proven track record of managing multiple areas simultaneously in the financial services industry; directing and expanding market share via Shared Branch Operations, Member Services and Lending programs.
- Possess current knowledge of NCUA or banking regulations.
- Proven management skills, superior communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and planning and organizing skills, as well as be highly organized and self-motivated.
- The ability to be detail oriented and to operate independently and as part of a team. Also requires strong PC skills and experience with automated systems such as database, financial modeling, and credit union/banking systems.
- We offer excellent employee benefits and a competitive compensation program. If you want to contribute to a growing, dynamic financial institution in a stable and supportive work environment, please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to E.J. Spradling at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a condition of employment with Nordstrom Federal Credit Union, successful job applicants for all positions within the credit union will be subject to a criminal/credit background investigation.
Nordstrom Federal Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.