Member Service Team Leader
December 17, 2012
Lead the front line to provide the best possible member service experience for our members.
This position is responsible for the supervision of the teller area. Guide and lead FSRs (Financial Services Representatives) in the efficient and accurate handling of member needs. Solve member problems and resolve FSR issues. Perform all teller functions as needed. Ensure a high level of accuracy in all transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the teller operations (FSRs) by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems, and explaining policies and procedures to tellers and members. Maintain the FSR branch coverage schedule.
- Ensure that staff is trained and cross-trained in all phases of their particular jobs and in all credit union products and services to ensure the highest quality of service to members.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff by encouraging teamwork.
- Evaluate job performance of subordinates to ensure quality of work and service to members.
- Ensure that staff complies with policies and procedures and understand changes in requirements. Maintain a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures and trends in the credit union industry, with particular attention to the Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, and with robbery procedures.
- Hold periodic staff meetings to discuss areas needing improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or services, and to present general information. Encourage the exchange of ideas and foster a strong team environment.
- Perform Supervisor Overrides as needed.
- Assist FSRs as required with member questions or any transactional question that needs clarification. Assist with locating and correcting errors causing out of balance situations. Investigate teller losses and institute corrective flow of work and/or corrective disciplinary action.
- Perform regular alarm tests monthly.
- Complete surprise audits of teller cash drawers on a regular basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Previous personnel management experience required.
Previous branch operations experience helpful.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
Equal opportunity employer
Posted in Advocacy News.