IT Desktop Specialist
December 10, 2012
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a IT Desktop Specialist in our Eugene Corporate Offices. The IT Desktop Specialist position is an entry level technical position. The position is responsible for supporting the computers, phones, printers, and other related devices used by staff at branches and the corporate center office. The job requires frequent travel to employee work locations to troubleshoot, repair or replace equipment. While not on service calls, duties include answering tier 2 calls, fulfilling services defined within the IT Service Catalog, and following IT Asset Management procedures.
Pay: $17.40 to $26.10 per hour
- Troubleshoot, repair and replace computer related equipment.
- Maintain and organize computer and related inventory equipment.
- Assist staff with the purchasing of new computer equipment.
- Deliver Service Requests defined in the Service Catalog.
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support on technical issues.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Build and maintain standards for supporting infrastructure and applications in the production environment and ensure that all changes to the production environment adhere to those standards.
- Maintain the system inventory and configuration management database, system operation logs and support plans for production systems.
- Respond to production incidents.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed and that quality work is delivered within specified timelines.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
- Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
- Two or more years of experience in working with computer systems in a technical capacity.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies.
- Experience deploying systems, software, and configuration changes.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, automation tools, and performance tuning.
- Two-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-desktop-specialist.
Posted in Article Post.