IT Business Analyst 2
December 10, 2012
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a IT Business Analyst 2 to join our Eugene Corporate Offices. The IT Business Analyst 2 role is responsible for mapping business needs to IT system and application requirements. The analyst works closely with business units to understand the details of existing processes and the opportunities for change. The analyst then works with peers within the IT team to scope and specify requirements. This work requires the analyst to have a solid grasp of both technology and business process. In addition, the business analyst must excel at the communication skills required to elicit the relevant details from business process owners and translate those details to logical requirements.
Pay: $50,400 – $70,600 annually, commensurate with experience
- Provide business process expertise to the development and operations of critical systems and applications.
- Contribute to the development of the Credit Union’s technology strategy.
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support on technical issues relating to business processes.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Create scope and requirements documents for project and business platform work requests in a timely manner.
- Document use cases and work flow diagrams to describe business process requirements.
- Help business units prepare test scripts, and provide system support during user acceptance testing.
- Coordinate and run technology platform meetings and understand business priorities.
- Participate in business process engineering and efficiency analysis.
- Provide business process expertise as necessary to help resolve production incidents.
- Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with peers in other business units.
- Deliver quality work within specified timeframes.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
- Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
- Four or more years of experience in a business analyst role.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Experience writing requirements specifications, use cases, and business process diagrams.
- Familiarity with business processes and technology common to financial institutions is strongly desired.
- Experience with user acceptance testing.
- Experience facilitating requirements analysis meetings and workshops.
- Experience facilitating meetings to identify and prioritize business work requests.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-business-analyst-2.
Posted in Article Post.