Downtown Branch Manager
November 29, 2012
- Create and maintain the appropriate service and sales environment within the branch based on the Vision, Mission and Operating Principles of the Credit Union.
- Lead, coach and manage the functions of the Branch Sales staff.
- Utilize developmental assessment and coaching tools leveraging talents and improvement opportunity areas. Hold monthly sales development discussions in a S.A.F.E. environment. Coach the employee to determine actions steps. Provide meaningful metrics of performance.
- Responsible for the acquisition of business lending relationships with a primary focus on small business and SBA Lending. A strong business banking lending background will be necessary to review business tax returns, credit worthiness and conditional underwriting requirements for viable/prequalified submissions to underwriting. Strong business and community connections will be necessary to target opportunities for acquisition of new business members with a focus on business lending.
- Identify and analyze potential markets to develop prospects for business services and community leadership positions. Strong visibility and active involvement in Chamber of Commerce and Business Organizations are essential to the job function.
- Identify and recommend new business services that will benefit members and be cost effective for the Credit Union.
- Responsible for individual internal/external branch sales performance by developing sales leads through business contacts and by identifying and developing business-generating opportunities for the Credit Union.
- Ensure members of the branch team meet the sales goals of the branch and the Credit Union.
- Prepare service and sales plans and communicate plans and goals with staff. Assign duties and responsibilities related to the plans and goals. Monitor progress against plans and report as directed.
- Coordinate hiring, orientation, branch specific training and direction of work flow of all branch personnel. Ensure that regular sales meetings are held in both group settings and on an individual basis.
- Provide input in the preparation of the annual operating and personnel budget for the Branch. Control and monitor expenses of the branch within budget guidelines.
- Assist members in transactions as needed.
- Hold appropriate license/s to sell insurance products offered by the Credit Union.
- Ensure that necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports are completed as directed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with position.
Branch Manager I – Two to five years of similar or related experience
Branch Manager II – Five to ten years of similar or related experience
A high school education or GED
Posted in Advocacy News.