Mortgage Loss Mitigation Specialist
November 28, 2012
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/About-Us/Careers/Current-Openings)
DEPARTMENT: Lending Solutions
REPORTS TO: MS R/E Supervisor
GRADE LEVEL: 4
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY: $40,000-48,000 DOE + Bonuses + Great Benefits
Responsible for mortgage loss mitigation, modifications, forbearances, and assisting with foreclosures, deeds in lieu, and short sales. This position has extensive contact with members, attorneys, and third party vendors. Requires working knowledge of collections and bankruptcy laws and regulations. Exercises independent judgment requiring minimum supervision to determine actions that minimize potential losses to the credit union.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in delinquency meetings
- Complete required collection calls and correspondence of delinquent mortgages
- Prepare breach and pre-foreclosure letter; HAMP solicitation; modification; forbearance; repayment agreements and facilitate any execution of documents, as needed.
- Setup delinquency files (credit report, VeroValue, Zillow, RealQuest and foreclosure analysis); update, as needed.
- Facilitate the collection of financial packages for modification requests to refer to financial counselors
- Monitor progress of financial counselor referrals and coordinate their forbearance follow up
- Obtain, review, and clear workout committee conditions of modification approvals
- Assist in maintaining weekly and monthly delinquency reports and Akcellerant
- Manage loss mitigation workout reports (including HAMP)
- Process mortgage insurance modification approvals, delinquency reporting, and claims
- Facilitate scanning of loss mitigation documents
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Two or more years mortgage related experience.
- Be familiar with RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Act,
- Homeowner’s Protection Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of collections and bankruptcy laws and regulations.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multi-task duties.
- 2 years knowledge of policies and procedures of mortgage servicing including FNMA & Freddie Mac guidelines.
- Good customer service skills
- Prior experience with OSI/DNA, Fannie/Freddie systems, FICS MS is a plus
- Ability to present a positive and professional image.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires flexibility of hours during high volume periods.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.