Retail Operations Sales and Service Lead
November 2, 2012
Close Date: December 31st, 2012 or as soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a Retail Operations Sales and Service Lead. The Retail Operations Sales and Service Lead provides sales leadership by developing and implementing programs that increase employee productivity and achievement of organizational sales goals. This position is accountable for overall staff sales and service achievement in Operations with success being measured on the actual sales production of Operations employees.
Pay: $4,000 per month plus eligible commission
- Perform ongoing assessment of sales skills and develop and deliver sales training programs aimed at increasing employees’ ability to meet sales goals. Collaborate with the Training and HR Departments as appropriate.
- Develop and implement programs to provide one-on-one sales and service oriented coaching for sales employees. Work with Branch Management to create individual development plans for sales employees. Track employees’ progress on development plans in relation to actual sales production. Provide focus on inter-relatedness of service and sales priorities.
- Assist Branch Management to maximize sales and service results.
- Assess sales performance of Retail Banking staff members by product, product line, member, member group and geographical area.
- Serve as one of Operation’s representatives in group interview (recruitment) sessions. Develop criteria for assessing sales skills of potential candidates and provide hiring recommendations to Branch Managers. Collaborate with HR Department as appropriate.
- Develop new hire orientation sessions to introduce employees to our sales and service culture, provide thorough explanations of sales and service expectations, and provide initial skills to help employees meet these expectations. Collaborate with HR and Training Departments as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, and administer Operations sales contests based on the Credit Union’s overall production goals. Develop and lead outbound cold-call sales programs to increase sales production of teams. Provide periodic reporting of results and incentives paid as appropriate.
- Track actual sales production of operations employees, and provide monthly reporting to the Director of Retail Operations as requested.
- Work closely with Marketing to synchronize selling tasks with marketing campaigns.
- Employ practices to remain up-to-date with current changes to products, services, procedures, and technology systems used by Operations employees to ensure training and coaching is up-to-date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- To act in a responsible and independent manner. Much of the work will be completed independently and with a great deal of independent discretion. Projects and responsibilities must be completed on time and to quality expectations.
- Able to drive sales, service and overall performance results within the Retail Operations sales and service staff through training, coaching and developing individuals in sales methods and credit union knowledge.
- Possess strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Able to comfortably speak in front of groups, management, and members.
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a related program.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/retail-operations-sales-and-service-lead.