Director of Real Estate Lending
October 22, 2012
Close Date: December 31st, 2012 or as soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a new Director of Real Estate Lending in our Eugene Corporate Offices. A Director of Real Estate Lending provides leadership and vision to real estate lending by developing a strong real estate lending sales team. They will develop and implement strategies that increase our share of the market in real estate products and services within the communities we serve.
Pay: $68,000 to $102,000 Annual, commensurate with experience
- Participate in the development of the long and short-term strategies and plans to support Credit Union growth objectives, profitability, financial performance objectives, stability and business continuity. Assist Chief Credit Officer in setting the strategic direction of the Mortgage Lending Department and work with the staff of this department to implement the strategic direction.
- Develop, recommend, and implement real estate lending strategy to meet or exceed business and sales goals and to optimize performance results in all of the communities that we serve. Stay abreast of real estate lending products and services, compliance issues, available technologies, competitor services, and the economy.
- Work with front line and other Credit Union staff to strengthen product knowledge and sales ability at point of initial member contact, both physically and virtually. Provide information to other Credit Union staff to increase knowledge about real estate products and services, leading to increased referrals from staff.
- Develop and manage sales and service of mortgages to secondary market investors such Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Provide management and leadership to mortgage lending staff, including development, coaching, hiring, and other aspects of performance management. Provide or coordinate training and growth activities for employees to strengthen performance and encourage on-going development.
- Develop good working relationships with key vendors and partners such as lenders and title companies and leverage those relationships to improve financial results.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of alternative real estate products and services, as well as the products and services being offered by our competition. Work with Marketing and Product Development to determine member needs and to create new products and services that align with those needs and make a positive financial impact to our Credit Union. Insure that our product offering meets the varied needs of demographic groups in the different communities we serve. Work with other departments to educate staff members about new products and services that we make available to our membership.
- Represent and promote the Credit Union as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations, suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups. Seek to optimize business results by developing strong business relationships and creating positive contacts with members and businesses in our communities.
- Ensure that the department operates within budget by maintaining control over departmental expenditures.
- Implement federal and state lending laws; work with legal counsel to update and revise lending forms and documents to ensure Credit Union compliance with applicable laws. Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and maintaining professional relationships.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Must be entrepreneurial in thinking, planning, and implementation.
- Stay abreast of the current laws and regulations. Attend trainings and seminars as necessary.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Must be able to organize workload and insure that priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a 4-year college degree.
To see a full job description and to apply online, please visit us at https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/director-real-estate-lending.